CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Waqas

Zardari Orders Blocking Of Geo News

geo_news.jpg

ISLAMABAD: It has been learned that cable operators across the country blocked the transmission of Geo News on the directive of President Asif Ali Zardari.

President Zardari has sent messages to Geo TV administration in which he has said that if Geo has recovered from the courts the losses incurred following the ban on the channel in former president Pervez Musharraf’s rule then it should stop forthwith the coverage of lawyers movement for the restoration of November 3, 2007 judiciary.

The reason why President Asif Ali Zardari has taken the step is that Geo TV is reminding the President his past promises and commitments he had made to the nation and what Shaheed Benazir Bhutto had said about the freedom of expression, restoration of judiciary and Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry.

You can still watch Geo News live at http://www.coolyar.com/videos/watch-live-tv-channels

Geo news blocked for reminding promises: Nisar

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leader and leader of opposition in the National Assembly Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan said on Friday that Geo News was punished for reminding the rulers of their promises.

Speaking at Geo News program “Aaj Kamran Khan Kay Saath” here, he said that government was bewildered over prevailing political situation in view of long march.

“The recent arrests of political workers and lawyers, and curbs on media are all proof of government’s bafflement,” he said.

ISLAMABAD: The transmission of Geo News has been blocked in some parts of Karachi, Hyderabad, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, Lahore, Quetta, Multan, Rawlakot, Muzaffarabad, Deepalpur, Sargodha and Dera Murad Jamali.

The concerned officials have directed the cable operators to place Geo News channel at the tail end, making it difficult for the viewers to watch the channel.

Viewers of Geo News have started making phone calls to Geo’s office, trying to find out reasons for not receiving the transmission.

General Secretary Pakistan Muslim League-Q Mushahid Hussain said Geo News is being punished for airing the truth.

Talking to Geo News, he said the government should not repeat mistakes made in the past.

PML-N Chief Nawaz Sharif, Tehreek-i-Insaf Chief Imran khan and Senator Babar Ghauri condemned the blocking of Geo News.

Reporters Without Borders has also condemned the action which, it said, has brought back memories of military rule in the country.

Hamid Mir said the government had a plan to block the transmission of three channels including Geo News.

The threat of blocking the channel loomed during the past days and now the action has finally been taken.

kya prob hy aakhir yh sub

Hamid Mir said the government had a plan to block the transmission of three channels including Geo News.

The threat of blocking the channel loomed during the past days and now the action has finally been taken.

Which are other 2 channels???

GEO isn't banned yet but its frequency is set at some last point or something like that but it isn't banned as we saw it in afternoon.

Aamna its banned at cable network level, most of the cable networks have removed GEO news.

Other two channels are Ajj and Royal news. Sharee Rehman also resigned on this shameful action.

Zardari also proved himself another dictator.

Aamna its banned at cable network level, most of the cable networks have removed GEO news.

Other two channels are Ajj and Royal news. Sharee Rehman also resigned on this shameful action.

Zardari also proved himself another dictator.

Hmm i don't know may be its banned in some areas but not banned in our area of Karachi i.e in Gulshan e Iqbal of Karachi as i myself saw it... Khud laga k check kiya tha maine... No comments @ resignation or shameful act or whatever.

GEO was targetted in most of the cities of Punjab, I wonder you are unaware whats going on in our country :unsure:

Live Long Pakistan

GEO was targetted in most of the cities of Punjab, I wonder you are unaware whats going on in our country :unsure:

Live Long Pakistan

May ALLAH protect Pakistan from its enemies & from those who want to make a bad image of Pakistan in front of world aameen.

By the way, WHO said that I'm unaware of it??? You??? Are you authority????????????? If i or anyone didn't write anything about what's going on it doesn't mean that i or anyone unaware................................... !

Baghair jaanay kisi k baarey mein raaye qaaim nahin karni chahiye for your kind info.

Bye.

Ary ary

jeo is open today in most of the citys

May ALLAH protect Pakistan from Zardari and nawaz shareef

Ameen

May ALLAH protect Pakistan from its enemies & from those who want to make a bad image of Pakistan in front of world aameen.

By the way, WHO said that I'm unaware of it??? You??? Are you authority????????????? If i or anyone didn't write anything about what's going on it doesn't mean that i or anyone unaware................................... !

Baghair jaanay kisi k baarey mein raaye qaaim nahin karni chahiye for your kind info.

Bye.

Why you getting HYPER? Did i Say anything WRONG? :unsure:

You are always in mood to fight :wacko:

You post shows that you were totally unaware of whats going on in the country. The purpose of posting here is to aware those who are not. Does it makes you to get HYPER? lol

Ary ary

jeo is open today in most of the citys

May ALLAH protect Pakistan from Zardari and nawaz shareef

Ameen

GEO is still blocked in some areas as reported by GEO and most of the cable operators moved it to end.

Do you think anyone other than Nawaz have ability to lead the country? Imran is good but he dont have much vote bank yet. Im in favour of nawaz because he got the courage to face dictator which no one else got. In history no one left the govt and seats for justice and constitution.

No one else can stop this change.