CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas

How HP Charms Music’s Biggest Online Influencers With Real-Life Part

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpghp-artist-talk
Arjan-Timmermans-Hosts-ARTIST-TALK.jpg

Hewlett-Packard recently expanded its Music Influencer program to include more intimate gatherings in a bid to win over some of the music scene’s most-coveted online heavyweights.

HP launched the Music Influencer program last year as a way to spread the word about HP products through traditional blogs and giveaways. Building on the success from the first phase of the campaign, HP decided to tweak its strategy to make it more personal.

One component of the technology corporation’s new strategy is a series of exclusive listening parties called ARTIST #TALK in which celebrities tell stories about their music and answer questions from the young, hip and highly influential attendees. HP handpicks audience members who are proven content creators with large followings on their social networks, music blogs or news sites.

Leading the charge is the series’ host and one of the most recognizable music bloggers — Arjan Timmermans — whose fans and celebrity interviewees easily recognize him by his trademark red blazers.

“We measured success by who we were able to get into the room, the amount of content generated (about 330 pieces) and the reach of that content.”

But for HP, more impressive than Timmermans’s in-person presence is his digital prowess: He manages the popular ArjanWrites.com, blogs for Grammy.com, contributes on-air to CNN, interviews celebrities and ultimately reaches the very audience HP wants to charm via his social presence on Facebook and Twitter.

At the inaugural ARTIST #TALK in New York City in September, Timmermans brought in British rapper Tinie Tempah and invited other attendees, who collectively had an average Klout score of 60 (see photos and a video of the event below).

“At the most basic level, ARTIST #TALK is a success because it drove conversation about HP and HP products with Beats Audio,” said Mark Budgell, HP’s PR manager of social media strategy. “We measured success by who we were able to get into the room, the amount of content generated (about 330 pieces) and the reach of that content…It’s important for HP to be reaching the right people with their message.”

ARTIST #TALK on Sept. 14 at Cooper Square Hotel's Penthouse

2.jpg

Photo courtesy of ArjanWrites and Jeff Meltz, Flickr

Click here to view this gallery.

What’s Next? And How Can You Participate?

On Oct. 25 at Dylan’s Candy Bar in NYC, singer-songwriter V V Brown will be the series’ next celebrity guest. She’ll debut new songs from her unreleased album. The general public can participate by tweeting questions with the hashtag “ARTIST #TALK” or by following the hashtag’s stream during the Tuesday night event.

“My intent with ARTIST #TALK is to feature the stories behind the music. I want to emphasize the artist’s creative process and inspirations that lead to their musical expression.”

“My intent with ARTIST #TALK is to feature the stories behind the music,” says Timmermans, who conceived the idea behind the series.

“I want to emphasize the artist’s creative process and inspirations that lead to their musical expression. V V has a very compelling point of view and loves to share that with listeners.”

Timmermans is hopeful he can snag artists like Eminem, Cee-Lo, Will.i.am, Far East Movement, Jessie J, Robyn and Tiesto for future ARTIST #TALK sessions.

“I like to invite artists that break the mold, serve up a compelling point of view and like to talk candidly about their art in front of live audience,” he says, but “at this time, we don’t have anyone to announce just yet.”

Watch the First ARTIST #TALK Series

In a private interview with Mashable before the inaugural ARTIST #TALK, HP’s Budgell said a vital goal of the music project is to give influencers a story to tell on their social channels.

Fast forward to monute 8:16-8:59 in this clip to see Tinie Tempah’s answer to my question, “Whom are you collaborating with now and whom do you want to work with in the future?”

“The ARTIST #TALK series is a truly innovative and refreshing idea,” says Jason Eldredge, a DJ at East Village Radio. “It was great being able to have the rare opportunity of spending time with an artist like Tinie in an intimate setting. I think this led to a comfortableness on behalf of both the guest and audience members, which generated a much welcomed sense of honesty.”

Also, flip through the rest of the gallery to watch some of V V Brown’s music videos.

Inaugural ARTIST #TALK with British Rapper Tinie Tempah

Click here to view this gallery.

More About: Arjan Timmermans, ARTIST #TALK, features, HP, Marketing, Music

For more Entertainment coverage:

di
di

Mashable?i=uugtsTNMom0:BoN8xEbDPiQ:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=uugtsTNMom0:BoN8xEbDPiQ:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=uugtsTNMom0:BoN8xEbDPiQ:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=uugtsTNMom0:BoN8xEbDPiQ:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=uugtsTNMom0:BoN8xEbDPiQ:_cyp7NeR2Rw
uugtsTNMom0