CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas

Sorry, Skype, Tango Is Dancing With Windows Phone Mango First

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpgtango-windows-phone-7-5
tango.jpg

Despite Microsoft’s $8.5 billion acquisition of Skype in May, a lesser known application called Tango will power video calls on Windows Phone devices.

The app will come preloaded on Windows Phone 7.5 (Mango) devices arriving in early November, a spokesperson for Tango confirmed.

Tango works across desktops and roughly 450 mobile devices, including many tablets. The service has attracted 25 million signups in 190 countries and gains 2 million additional registrations per month.

Eight-year-old Skype, by contrast, has 663 million registered users, of which 170 million use the service at least once per month.

I’ve been using Tango on my iPhone since it was released in September 2010. I’ve found it a superior alternative to Apple’s FaceTime app, which limits video calls to other iPhone 4 and 4S devices, requires a Wi-Fi connection and frequently disconnects.

Why Microsoft is using Tango instead of Skype is not yet clear. We’ve reached out to both Microsoft and Skype for comment and will update this post with any further information.

[via Forbes]

More About: mango, microsoft, Skype, tango, windows phone 7.5

di
di

Mashable?i=iRhHXB3Vu60:k9sJsjeYTtM:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=iRhHXB3Vu60:k9sJsjeYTtM:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=iRhHXB3Vu60:k9sJsjeYTtM:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=iRhHXB3Vu60:k9sJsjeYTtM:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=iRhHXB3Vu60:k9sJsjeYTtM:_cyp7NeR2Rw
iRhHXB3Vu60