CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas

RIM Delays PlayBook Software Update

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpgrim-delays-playbook-os
playbook-black-360x225.jpeg

Research in Motion’s stock price fell 6% on Wednesday, after the company announced its latest setback — a delay in the system update for its PlayBook tablet.

RIM wants to make sure it is “confident we have fully met the expectations of our developers, enterprise customers and end-users,” David J. Smith, SVP for BlackBerry PlayBook, wrote in a blog entry.

The new version will be released in February and won’t include the BlackBerry Messenger application.

The PlayBook launched in the U.S. and Canada in April. The OS update was supposed to come 60 days after that.

The company launched a beta version of PlayBook OS 2.0 last week at BlackBerry DevCon, an announcement that was overshadowed by RIM’s introduction of BBX, its new mobile OS that will hit the market next year.

Despite investors’ apparent reaction to the move, few people are likely to be affected. The company shipped just 200,000 PlayBooks in its most recent quarter.

BONUS: The 10 Best PlayBook Cases

1. RIM Leather Envelope

rim-envelope.jpg

RIM offers a decent range of official cases, but the highlight for us has to be this "Envelope" design. Made of leather with a magnetic closure, the RIM logo on the flap is just the right side of branded to look official without making you a poster-boy for the company.

Cost: $59.99

Click here to view this gallery.

More About: blackberry, playbook, RIM, Tablet

di
di

Mashable?i=FQ4Wo6ganZ8:XotFtlzdDww:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=FQ4Wo6ganZ8:XotFtlzdDww:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=FQ4Wo6ganZ8:XotFtlzdDww:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=FQ4Wo6ganZ8:XotFtlzdDww:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=FQ4Wo6ganZ8:XotFtlzdDww:_cyp7NeR2Rw
FQ4Wo6ganZ8