CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Choudhry

Where Did The Extra Dollar Go?

3 guys walk into a hotel and ask the clerck at the front desk for a room to share.

"No problem, it's 30 dollars." says the clerk.

The 3 guys split the cost each paying 10 dollars a piece.

A few minutes later the clerk realizes he overcharged the guys 5 dollars, and sent the bellboy up with the change.

On the way up the clerk thinks to himself "5 dollars can't be split evenly between 3 guys so, I'll keep 2 dollars for myself and give them 3 dollars back."

The bellboy then gives them 3 dollars back and keeps 2 dollars for a tip for himself.

The guys only ended up paying 27 dollars for their room, (9 dollars a piece not 10)plus the two dollar tip for the bellboy equals 29.

Where did the extra dollar go????

I am confuesed

I still have the answer $30 right,they give them $5 back right.Actually they paid $25 for the room give the $2 to the boy and the $3 they got back,in that case 25+2=27+3=30,so there is the dollar, but the real question is why is it really $28 when you add 3 + 25 but the other way it is $27 and how was $28 split between 3 people

Someone posted this a while ago and I blv I answered em right at that time..

its not hard.. Choudhry actually they are asking u the wrong question.. if u read it real carefully .. thats where they tricked u!!

NIce Post!