CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Emira

First Gay 'marriage' In Pakistan

First gay 'marriage' in Pakistan

Sodomy attracts tough punishments in conservative Pakistan

A gay couple have become the first to get "married" in Pakistan, according to reports from the region.

Witnesses said a 42-year-old Afghan refugee held a marriage ceremony with a local tribesman of 16 in the remote Khyber region bordering Afghanistan.

Gay marriage is not legal in conservative Muslim Pakistan.

On hearing of the wedding, a tribal council told the pair to leave the area or be killed for breaking religious and tribal "values and ethics".

'Pomp and show'

A local Urdu-language newspaper said the elder man, named as Liaquat Ali, had taken a local boy called Markeen as "his male bride".

The paper said the boy's impoverished parents accepted 40,000 rupees (£380) for their son's hand in marriage.

"The marriage was held amid usual pomp and show associated with a tribal wedding," it said.

Malik Waris Khan, a prominent local politician and former federal minister, confirmed to AFP that the marriage had taken place.

"I checked the report with people in Tirah Valley and they confirmed it," he said.

Although it remains a taboo subject, homosexuality is relatively common in Pakistan, says the BBC's correspondent Aamer Ahmed Khan in Islamabad.

Increasingly, gay couples are living together in some of the big cities such as Karachi and Islamabad, but gay marriages remain unheard of, he says.

Pakistani law punishes sodomy with imprisonment ranging from two years to life.

Some Islamic provisions prescribe 100 lashes for the act or even death by stoning.

A gay couple caught having sex were lashed publicly in the Khyber region in May.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/4313210.stm

ASSALAM O LIKUM 2 ALL :hello:

EMIRA thats na informrtive post :goodpost:

but

i thought that Gay marriage is just in countries like AMERICA,ENGLAND AND other foreign countries but it's really sad that happening in pakistan also. :down:

We hear about 1 marriage per month in England(u.k).but although it's not going right in Pakistan.

Thanx Emira for sharing it with us, that was an informative post

ASSALAM O LIKUM 2 ALL :hello:

EMIRA thats na informrtive post :goodpost:

but

i thought that Gay marriage is just in countries like AMERICA,ENGLAND AND other foreign countries but it's really sad that happening in pakistan also.  :down:

We hear about 1 marriage per month in England(u.k).but although it's not going right in Pakistan.

155975[/snapback]

you are right, dont have anything else to add

:blink:  :banghead:

its really bad in Islamic country.

May God show us right path (ameen).

:girl::)

155982[/snapback]

(Amen)

:banghead: Ufffffffff

its a shamefull act!!!

so0ory tos ay in hi harkatoon ki waja say ALlah ka azab aya hai ...

:( a very very shameful thing

:blink:  :banghead:

its really bad in Islamic country.

May God show us right path (ameen).

:girl::)

155982[/snapback]

Ameen....

I see.. wow there thanks to these jerks.. they proved me wrong.. now I can't debate this issue infront of non muslims.. in my law class back in highschool.. I debated it .. told my law teacher that homosexuals dun exist in pak.. That was the only time when nobody argued back!

I had almost proved that being homosexual is ur own choice..(according to sum ppl.. u can't help it but I almost proved that its their own will ) but thanks to these jerks.. they did their best to prove me wrong! there it goes.. my impression.. my confidence .. my satisfaction DOWN THE DRAIN!

u can't imagine how pissed I am..

i agree cute okay....sucha shameful thing. Gosh! i can't believe this happened in Pakistan..in muslims land...what can i else say...jahaan DEEN EMAAN hi nahin....

OK BIG NEWS...

I just CONFIRMED it from my chachoo.. this news of gay marriage in pak.. is a BIG DAMN LIE!!!

This is what happened..

There were these two qabeelas.. I m sure u guys have heard abt tribes always fighting and stuff.. So busy with their fights.. one of the sides spread this rumour abt the other side to DISGRACE them.. THIS NEWS IS NOT TRUE!! This info. is false..

and DO NOT BLV in this crap..

I just confirmed it..

Another thing> The guy himself when he heard this news.. he asked for a jarga.. "a qabeela conference" and if I can find his statement (bayan) I would share it here but he sed that its false and if anyone finds any evidence of this.. he sed himself that hes willing to let them hang him !!!

If any of u guys find the statement plz share..

And u know stupid media.. unhe koi bhi ghalat baaat bata do.. tehqeeq koi nahi kerte.. they just print and spread the news.. and then these rumours .. screw everyone else's image.. Don'T blv in everything u hear..

Aimon.

ahaan....great shockin news cutie

Another thing..

I JUST GOT YELLED AT BY MY CHACHOO.. hes like how can u blv this crap.. ur a Pathan and dun u know ... these tribes are so religious.. choti choti baat per phansi charha dete hain.. This is worst thing anyone can ever do (gay marriage wali baat) He's like if the guy really had done that if he was guilty.. to he would have run away .. and not come to jirga.. these jirga ppl are vicious..

Im sorry I been out of pak for long thats why I thought maybe the whole thing abt gay marriage was true.. but Astaghfirullah.. anyways to any of u who dun blv this.. check this article out...

Jang newspaper- gay marriage rumor

And if any of u still blv that the marriage actually happened.. to u gotta be a moron.. Im sorry but not another word abt gay marriage in pak ..

And disregard my very first reply.. how cud I blv such a thing :weep:

Aimon.

Assalamu Alaikum

it's an excellent topic and somewhat shocking news.

gays are ILLEGAL in Islam and not only in Islam but i think almost in every religion that i know of. but still people become gay which is by choice therfore it is WRONG beacuase ALLAH made a natural attraction between a man and a woman. and stuff like that should not happen in Pakistan or in any other muslim country. and yeah in USA you see a lot of gay people and quiet few pro gay community. i even know of couple of people who are gay and yeah im frnds with them because in my eyes yes it is wrong but you are old enough to realize it.

but anywayz i dunno how people can be Gay. i just see it as impossible.

:o

well Aimon apo

m so0ory to say leekan ajj kal jo PAk main ho raha hai na ... agar asa hoo bhi jaiye to i wudnt be surprised much....

lekin shadi to nahi ho rahi na.. like what the heck.. think abt it hun..

shadi is a religious celebration.. if u dun have a religion.. to aapko shadi kerne ki bhi zaroorat nahi.. because u can fulfil all ur desires by living with the person..

U know keh yeh gay/lesbian concept na hi Islam mai hai.. na Judaism mai aur na hi Christianity mai.. this is a big issue .. if these homosexuals start having marriages then what puts the line to where it should stop.. it can lead to a lot of other crap.. which I dun wanna mention here because of the nature of content and the forum its not appropriate..

anywaysyeh sab kuch I know India mai hota hai.. haven't been to pak.. I have been out of Pak for 6 yrs.. Back then I know that us waqt this wasn't common .. I heard abt the so called "khusre" but that was just a big joke.. never knew homosexuals existed..

The fact that they are doing the WRONG thing and then publicising it.. is just not appropriate.. and another thing.. I mean I kind of got offended by this issue.. because it involves Pathans .. lolz.. ok and that was shocking for me because pathans are still compared to others.. very religious.. haan ache bure log har jaga hote hain but in Pathans atleast aisa koi fazool concept nahi..

When I heard abt it I was quite pissed.. anyways thank god nothing like gay marriage occured.. I hope this never happens in Pak.. :( maybe Im being too idealistic but.. :(

we'll just have to see.. not too confident

Aimon.

hmmmmm

well

i hav to say m very happy to see

that it was jus a rumor... :D