CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Meeri

Quake Shakes South Asia

Today, after Sehri, I layed down on the soft carpet in the drawing room and I didnt know when I went asleep. At about 8:50am, I woke up when I felt that someone was jolting me. I woke up abruptly and found that I was all alone there but the chandelier and all the vases were swinging. I realized that it could be nothing but an Quake.

Yes! it was an earth quake that had shook not only Lahore (where I was present) but in most parts of Pakistan as well as some parts of Bharat. In Lahore, a number of shops had collided in Shah Almi market.

The greatest jolts were felt in Islamabad at a Richter scale of 7.6 where 10 storey Margalla Tower, comprising 50-60 flats, collided and fell to the ground. Another incident incurred in Rawal Pindi where a girl expired due to collision of the roof/wall of a girls' High School. In Mirpur, a minaret of a mosque came down alongwith many houses and official buildings while the infrastructure had been greatly disturbed.

In Gilgit, the roads had been blocked by the stones that have came down by the quake. The casualty reports are being accumulated from around the country but it's assumed to be a huge loss in different parts.

At the time of quake, The NEWS Morning show was broadcasting live from Islamabad. The newscasters were busy in their discussion when the trembling and rattling started. A broadcaster said "May The Mercy of God be upon us! you

can see that its a great quake." and the newscasters began to chant "Subhanallah! Allah-u-Akbar!" and evacuated from the station.

In the news of 10am on PTV World broadcasting from Islamabad, as soon as the newscaster started the news of the quake, another jolt came by and the whole station started to shake violently.

Latest is that the area suffering from great damages is Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir. The aftermaths are expected to be felt during the next 48 hours.

This is the report from my side. We pray for the injured party and those who had to suffer the impairment of today's incident.

Meeri aka Sameer

Allah Hum sab koo apnee hifazat main rakhay Ammen !

Edited by mansoor

mmm today,saturday was a really horrible day, even that there were nine aftershooks i dun know aj ki raat kesi ho gi coz :( in da afternoon i slept for 35 mins [da time was 3:20] n hen i felt that some1 is shakking me again oo my God i ran towards lunch but after 2 seconds everything was fine mmm ppl outside da country plz pray 4 all of da pakistaniz :crying:

Me too shocked.Allah humein apne ama'al darust karne ki toufeeq day.Hum sab ki hifazat kare aur fout hoo jane waloon ki magfirat farmaye(Ameen)

Abhi hum yehi bat discuss kar rahay thay k aisa kiun hoo raha hai?kabhi selaab kabhi earth quake etc.

To yehi ayat zehan main aii "Albatah hum unhein baray azab see pehly chotty darge ka azab chikhaien gay ta keh woh raju kar lein."(parah 21.surah Alsajjdah)

Hum main see har aik ko apne apne amal ko dakhna hooga,phir ijtamee koshish karna hoogi,kiun k jab Allah ki pakar hotti hai to sab per hotti hai.naik aur bad ki tameez nahin hotti phir.

SALAM 2 ALL

I was really shocked when i heard this news on T.V :(

IT's a really hard time for every one wheather they are in Pakistan

or out of Pakistan.

We all should pray to ALLAH

because it is the time that ALLAH will listen to us because

of holly month RAMAZAN.

Oh yeah Ustad! I was watching news and i was like Wat the hell brather.... aye ki ho gia.... neways Allah Khairi karay

May Allah Help all of us!!!!!!!!!

There is some significance beyond this disaster; we must know what Allah wants us to conceive.

May Allah bless us.