CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
kurios

Electronics And Electronics

salam,

i have started this topic in a view that it would contain all the basic information about the electronics and also will help the students as well as the hobyist of electronics. So, my humble request to update this topic from the best of what u know about electronics. so let's rock on this topic. :)

Majid you didn't mention what kind of information you want to share. ok...let's talk on some basic topics....\like

What is Electronics \

What is the difference between Electronics and Electrical

Wow nice topic.

Will post here when i will prepare my viva.INSHAALLAH.

If anyone contribute then its good for me.

well it's about basic electronics means all about diodes, amplifiers, BJT's and so on. the basic aim to introduce this topic is that at most every common people may get some information about electronics. u know i want to clear the fear of this bloody science from the students who hate it. i hope it would work. Insh-a-Allah

so here i am going to have some words on diodes. diodes is one of the electronic device that can be used as switches in the circuit. since diode is made up of two kins of material P-type and N-type.

P-type material is a material that has holes as the majority charge carriers

N-type material in this material there are electrons as a majority charge carriers

so when these two types of materials are made in contact then they produce a PN junction this juction is a kind of barrier that has a potential difference of (0.7V in case of Silicon) and (0.3V in case on Germenium). so when the A.C wave form is applied to the diode then during positive half cycle it is forward bias means the current will flow and the circuit is short and in the other negative half cycle it is reverse bias means the circuit is open. thus the diode acts as the switch in the circuit and it is the basic significant of the diode for which it is used in the electronics today.

Well good goin.

Now we come to different types of diodes.Have any idea about it?

Lagta hai k iss topic ki smajh ya to mujhay aye gi ya kisi aise shakh ko jis ko physics ki A B C pata hoogi.coz i think common ppl dont know wat is a hole n whats majortiy carriers.how r they produced??why to use a semiconductors n etcs.

well ariba i don't know how to attach any picture that's why i have explained the theory only after i got some information about how to make the attachments then definetly i will make the diagrams for all what i explain.

sSorry i have to break the topic of diodes here and should take the start from the resistors u know it is the smallest and most commly used passive element in the circuits.

RESISTORS:

resistor is a passive element mean they are not used as source rather they pass the voltage across and current through them. more over resistors are used to minimum the level of current for avoiding the destruction of any other elements like diodes, sensors etc.

resistor has a shape like this in circuits: ------^^^^^------ . they have unit in OHMs.

The next post will be about the types of resistors so till then

Allah Hafiz

Weel, Majid you did a fine job, but , what Ariba Pointed out is that.

Is it for common Ppl ?

Or the ones who do have some basic knowledge about it?

I think it should be clear, so that the poster can post accordingly.

take care and keep smiling

Khaksaar,

CaratAmity

yes exactly caratamity u r right i am trying to make it clear for common people i hope i could do it

salam to all,

today i will continue my previous topic so here i start

Types of resistors:

well the basic two types of resistors are

a) fixed resistors

B) variable resistors.

a) Fixed Resistors:

A fixed resistor is one in which the value of its resistance cannot change.

B) variable resistors:

There are two general ways in which variable resistors are used. One is the variable resistor which value is easily changed, like the volume adjustment of Radio.

The other is semi-fixed resistor that is not meant to be adjusted by anyone but a technician.

It is used to adjust the operating condition of the circuit by the technician. Semi-fixed resistors are used to compensate for the inaccuracies of the resistors, and to fine-tune a circuit. The rotation angle of the variable resistor is usually about 300 degrees. Some variable resistors must be turned many times to use the whole range of resistance they offer. This allows for very precise adjustments of their value. These are called "Potentiometers" or "Trimmer Potentiometers."

in my next post i will discuss the types of variable and fixed ersistors tioll then Allah Hafiz

oh sorry viewers that simily has come because i have numbered variable resistor in alphabet b with the closing bracket ) and it was the short key for simily that has appeared so sorry for that .

thanx ariba for ur support.

FIXED TYPE RESISTORS:

These resistors are mainly of two kinds

1) Carbon film resistors.

2) Metal film resistors.

1) Carbon film resistors. This is the most general purpose and cheap resistor.it's tolerance of resistance value is ±5%. Carbon film resistors have a disadvantage; they tend to be electrically noisy.

2) Metal film resistors.

Metal film resistors are used when a higher tolerance (more accurate value) is needed. They are much more accurate in value than carbon film resistors. They have about ±0.05% tolerance.The metal film resistor is used for bridge circuits, filter circuits, and low-noise analog signal circuits.

Other Kind Of Resistors:

There is another type of resistor other than the carbon-film type and the metal film resistors. It is the wirewound resistor.

A wirewound resistor is made of metal resistance wire, and because of this, they can be manufactured to precise values. Also, high-wattage resistors can be made by using a thick wire material. Wirewound resistors cannot be used for high-frequency circuits.

SO that was all about the fixed type resistors and in the next post i wil discuss about the Thermal resistor or thermistors. so till then Allah Hafiz

Well thanks majid.

I need some material about coupling n its methods.if u can share anything about it.Like methods of coupling,dirct coupling.coupling capacitors.coupling in transformers etcs.

Hope u get my point.sorry for interrupt.

Again very informative post!

D.C is actually the abreviation of Direct-Coupling and it directly connects the components together without any coupling capacitors. Among the advantages of dc-coupling are: simple board design,

One disadvantage of dc-coupling is that it requires careful power supply design.

Capacitor coupling is The transfer of energy from one circuit to another by means of the mutual capacitance between the circuits

Capacitor coupling favors transfer of the higher frequency components of a signals

well ariba i will post about couplings in more detail afterwards bcoz it has been long time i have gone through these terms so give me some time to gather the information ok thanx for ur interest in this particular topic. :)

Edited by majid

Nice going guys, although I think most of the discussion involves familiar users, stilll nice discussion and I am learning ...................................

take care and keep smiling

well now today i am going to discuss about the types of resistors regarding there use

1) ordinary resistors

2) thermistors

3) varistors

1) ordinary Resistors:

these are the kind of resistors as i have discussed in my previous posts they are useed just to provide the resistance for saftey measures.

2) thermistors:

these are the resistors that are specially designed to react against particular temperature these thermistors are used in heat sensors to sense the heat and react accordingly and most of the thermistors are variable in nature just to control the output at particular range of temperature.

3) Varistors:

these kind of resistors are very efficient as they controll the voltage and they are designed to secure the delicate systems from the high voltage.

well today and may be from now onwards i would like to share the common things most of the people would likely to know about the electricity and electronics

CORONA EFFECT:

well aksar aap loog yeh feel kerte hoon gay ke jab aap kisi grid station se guzar rahee hoon tu ik sound atti hai jese koi cheez spark kerti ho isn't it agar kisi ne note kiya ho?? anyway let come to the point actually hum tu even main bhi is fact ko janane se pehle yehi samajhta tha ke yeh sparking hoti hai lekin mujhe pata chala ke actually wahan grid station se jab power supply through the lines hamare pass atti hai tu un lines main itna zayada high voltage hota hai ke woh voltage apne surrounding main mojood hawa ko ionize ker ke door phenkata hai is process se woh sound produce hoti hai jo ik continuous form main buzzzing hoti hai. so that was all about the corona effect aur ab aap jab bhi yeh sound near grid station suneen to samajh jaeen ke yeh koi sparking nahin balke ionization ho rahi hai. :)

so if u have any information like this jo aap samajhte hoon nae hai aur har koi janana chahata hai please share it bcoz share kerne se knowledge barhta hai

Allah Hafiz

Asalam-o-Alaikum,

What is electric charge?

Electric charge, also called "electricity," is a funamental component of everyday matter. Objects are made of molecules and atoms, atoms are made of protons, neutrons, and electrons, and the protons and electrons are made in part out of electric charge. Electric charge is substance-like. If you have a quantity of charge, you cannot destroy it, you can only move it from place to place. A flow of electric charge is called "electric current."

Here's an interesting thing. Electric charge once had a different name. It was called "electricity" by nearly all scientists throughout history. They said "charge of negative electricity" or "charge of positive electricity." Eventually they changed the name and stopped using the word "electricity." They called it "electric charge" or simply "charge."

Electric charge is a component of atoms. In other words, after we have broken an object into molecules, and broken the molecules into atoms, when we break the atoms apart we discover particles of electric charge. Charge is material, it is like atoms but it is one step lower than atoms. Most science textbooks tell us that solid objects are made of atoms. It is also valid to state that solid objects are made of electric charge. Objects are made of equal quantities of positive and negative charge, and objects stay together because of the attraction between the quantities of opposite charge inside them. Chemical bonds are electrical in nature

well there is a vast meaning of charge and it is also very interesting to plunge into it's history but due to shortage of time i am quiting here so if any one is likely to ask questions about charge then do ask in this post i will try my besy to answer u :)

Allah Hafiz

salam,

WHAT IS ELECTRICITY IN REAL SENSE? Here is the simple answer. There are TWO main things that flow along wires:

Electric Charge

Electric Energy

There are several other things that flow as well, but to keep it simple, we'll ignore them.

Because there are TWO things flowing, we cannot call them by the name "electricity." For this reason, we cannot ask "what is electricity?" Instead we have to ask more specific questions like these:

What is the stuff that flows through a light bulb and comes back out again through the other wire?

What is the stuff that flows into a light bulb and gets changed entirely into light and heat?

The answer to question #1 is ELECTRIC CHARGE. Charge is a "stuff" that flows through lightbulbs, and it flows around a circuit. Normally no charge is lost during the operation of a circuit, and no charge is gained. Also, charge flows very slowly, and it can even stop flowing and just sit there inside the wires. In an AC circuit, charge does not flow forwards at all, instead it sits in one place and wiggles forwards and back.

The answer to question #2 is ELECTRICAL ENERGY. It's also called "electromagnetic energy". This energy is also like a "stuff" and it can flow from place to place. It always flows very fast; almost at the speed of light. It can be gained and lost from circuits, such as when a light bulb changes the flow of electrical energy into a flow of light and heat.

well viewers still we have many definitions of electricity if we consider only one definitions and ignore others then we are not justifying with it, mean to say ke yeh phir acha nahin ho ga electricity ke sath :) so viewers electricity ki koi particular definition nahin hai u know hum is ko dekh nahin sakte and it's the imagination and u know that every person has it's own imagination which he express in his own way same as the scientists have described electricity according to thier imagination and requirement.

hopw u all would get my point Insh-a-Allah

Allah Hafiz

AC/DC: What's the Difference?

This special feature isn't about the two electrical systems and how they worked. Rather, it's a simple explanation that shows the difference between AC and DC.

In AC the flow of current is as shown below in the figure

acdc_anim_ac.gif

While in DC the flow of electron is as follow

acdc_anim_dc.gif