CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas

Community Is Back

Asalam Alaikum Everyone

As you know CooLYar Community was down since 13 Sept 2006, its back today Oct 07, 2006 after weeks. It was longest downtime in forums history.

Following questions might be in your mind so im answering them before you ask :)

What Happened to Community?

While trying to move the Forums its database was corrupted.

Why it took long?

I transfered whole database of more than 220,000 records manually and no one was to help.

Why my last posts are not showing up?

All replies and topics from June to Sept are lost due to database problem, even we tried to recover from different backups on different servers, I spend my major time in recovering this part but we end up getting nothing.

Why i cant login?

If you are new member and registered after May then you'll need to re-register your account, If you are Old member then you need to try your previous password you had here or try to reset ur password using "I forget my password"

Can same problem occur again?

NO, We have upgraded our forums and system to avoid such problem to occour in future.

You might be thinking about the hacking of forums so i feel better to clear before you ask :)

I know still many questions left which you can ask here.

At the end special thanks to Community members for waiting for the forums to come back and their moral support.

Regards

Waqas

UPDATE:

Your avatars and attachments in Picture Gallery forum will be added today. Wait for more Updates

:bismillah:

salamzz

hey im soo excited

thanx God

well thanxx waqas bahiii for trying to bring it back...

MAY U N CY LIVE LONG AMEEEEEEEEEEEN :blush:

oh thanx God

wow MR cool back with bombastic lay out

maini to Fatiha perh lee thee : $

Asalam u Alikum,

So hum b back

Purane loog naye look main.

Great Work Waqas!!Kepp it Up!!

Now Quick Reply Feature is really Quick, Just Click on Quick Reply, type your reply and click on "Add Reply" button and reply will be added without any page load.

In the same way you can edit your post, click and Edit button and select Quick edit.

UPDATE:

At night all members were informed about the new URL through email.

All Old Avatars added back to profiles

Attachments in Image Gallery Forum Uploaded