CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
rust_in_peace

Pina-colada

PINA-COLADA

After trying many more different recipes of Pina-colada I think this is the simplest and best one. Also all ingredients are available in market.

Ingredients

Pineapple chunks 1 cup (Fresh give excellent result, but the canned ones aren’t bad either)

Coconut milk 1 cup (coconut milk is easily available in all supermarkets)

Banana 1

Ice cubes 1/4 cup

Desiccated Coconut 2 Table spoons (khopra)

Sugar 2 Table spoons. (u may use 2 table spoons of honey instead)

Pineapple pieces for garnish

Method

In a blender, combine the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, banana, ice and dessicated coconut, blend together until smooth.

Pour into 2 large glasses. Garnish each serving with a pineapple wedge.

Those who like the consistency to be more viscous can add 1/4cup cream to the recipe.

Those who can’t find coconut milk cans can ask for recipe for making coconut milk.[/color]

Edited by rust_in_peace

PINA-COLADA

After trying many more different recipes of Pina-colada I think this is the simplest and best one. Also all ingredients are available in market.

<div align='center'>Ingredients

</div>

Pineapple chunks 1 cup (Fresh give excellent result, but the canned ones aren’t bad either)

Coconut milk 1 cup (coconut milk is easily available in all supermarkets)

Banana 1

Ice cubes 1/4 cup

Desiccated Coconut 2 Table spoons (khopra)

Sugar 2 Table spoons. (u may use 2 table spoons of honey instead)

Pineapple pieces for garnish

Method

In a blender, combine the pineapple chunks, coconut milk, banana, ice and dessicated coconut, blend together until smooth.

Pour into 2 large glasses. Garnish each serving with a pineapple wedge.

Those who like the consistency to be more viscous can add 1/4cup cream to the recipe.

Those who can’t find coconut milk cans can ask for recipe for making coconut milk.[/color]

Recently i couldnt find coconut cream anywhere and my craving for this drink was at its peak, i mean friends you can imagine iftaar time !! so , i searched for an alternative to making coconut cream, its the simplest thing one can do. Here i am sharing it,

One cup of grated coconut ( dried coconut and coconut sold with brown shell both suffice)

One cup of hot boiling water

Mix the two and keep covered for half an hour. Strain the mixture through a strainer and there you go, ready to add to your pina colada.

Remember, just a reminder, coconut milk or coconut cream contains upto 500 calories..one cup that is, and all these come from fat !!!!

But that shouldnt discourage you from treating yourself to this refreshing drink after a looong summer fast.

emmm.....please read coconut milk instead of coconut cream, maybe i was too carried away writing about it!!!