CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
Waqas

Sociable Labs Strives to Make Ecommerce More Social and Profitable

stumbleupon.pngdiggme.pngfb.jpgsociable-labs
sociable-360.jpg

Sociable Labs, a startup focused on integrating social actions and social sharing into ecommerce websites, emerged from stealth Wednesday with $7 million in funding, as it launched its ROI-Guided Social Design, an ecommerce tool.

The San Francisco-based startup was one of the 22 companies Facebook invested in with the fbFund in 2009. Since then, the company has been heads-down, focusing on finding ways to give online retailers the ability to harness social sharing to generate more revenue.

The company has several products retailers can integrate into their website. Sociable RSVP and Purchase Share, its two leading products, are integrated directly into a retailer’s website, making it possible for customers to share their purchasing via Facebook. The focus is on delivering “hard” ROI to retailers — that is to say more traffic, sales and conversions. The company claims that its technology works “up to 20 times” better than simply adding a “Like” or “Share” button.

“Sociable Labs’ technology is driving referral traffic to Active.com that converts at a 300% higher rate than Facebook Fan Page traffic,” Active.com VP of marketing Kristin Carroll says. The company also counts Rue La La, Backcountry, HauteLook and Chegg as customers.

Sociable Labs also announced that it has raised $7 million in Series B financing from Battery Ventures, with Javelin Ventures, KPG Ventures, Quest Venture Partners and Founders Fund also participating. The money will be used to accelerate the company’s growth and add more people to its team of 25 employees.

The social ecommerce space has been gaining traction in recent months. It will face stiff competition from companies like Y Combinator-funded Curebit and SocialFeet as it tries to make bring social to ecommerce.

More About: Battery Ventures, fbfund, Sociable Labs

For more Business coverage:

di
di

Mashable?i=iHcsI50wT1g:n62oed_uNlc:D7DqB2pKExk Mashable?i=iHcsI50wT1g:n62oed_uNlc:V_sGLiPBpWU Mashable?i=iHcsI50wT1g:n62oed_uNlc:F7zBnMyn0Lo Mashable?d=qj6IDK7rITs Mashable?d=_e0tkf89iUM Mashable?i=iHcsI50wT1g:n62oed_uNlc:gIN9vFwOqvQ Mashable?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Mashable?d=P0ZAIrC63Ok Mashable?d=I9og5sOYxJI Mashable?d=CC-BsrAYo0A Mashable?i=iHcsI50wT1g:n62oed_uNlc:_cyp7NeR2Rw
iHcsI50wT1g