CooLYar Forums - A Friendly Community by CooLYar
Sign in to follow this  
cute_ooky

Brain Size...

Well this is the second part of my previous topic about evolutionary changes..

My second question is plz comment on the following statement: (p.s I didn't take em out of my biology book lolz.. I wanna know abt these things.. personal interest combined wid ur ideas equals smartness ;) n I m not taking Biology this semester anyways )

* Human brain size has evolved frum our ancestoral brain size. Elaborate on this statement in terms of evolution. *

Also if ur answer is yes plz state why u say so.. and how has it changed i-e bigger to smaller? or smaller to bigger? WHY???

I will post my comment on this after u guys post ur ideas.

~coOkiE~

Hello???? meri baat kisi ki samajh mai nahi ayi.. Haan khair yehi hota hai jab internet ko ache aur educational kamon ke liey istimal kia jata hai!!!

NOBODY RESPONDS????????????????

:lol: aimon lagta hay app dafa sub ka exam lay rahee hain kai kis kis kay pass brain hai ;)

i want to ask one thing u ask about wat kind of evolution now

socially brain evolution or biologically brain evollutuion ..cus u also said

its second part of previous topic ?

ohh doesn't matter Rukh.. u can use the previous knowledge to answer it and it's not exam.. I mean ppl might have gazillion opinions abt it.. there is no right or wrong answer... In this particular case, I am asking about brain size.. no specifics.. I dun get it I mean how wud brain size evolve socially??? lolz...

Size meaning biologically..

tata! Thanx ur the smart one because u contributed!

Aimon.

Hey Aimon!

very good Topic!! Rather very informative!

But Dear M very nill inall this .. but InshAllha will share jahan tak mere knowledge mera sath day g!

Brain kay jahan tak structure ke baat hay it has adapted over time to perform a variety of vital functions, while at the same time being compelled to survive by selectively ridding itself of its more gratuitous functions. These selection procedures, in turn, enhanced the functional capabilities of the nervous system in accordance with the changing needs of mankind.

The evolution of the human brain followed a similar course; moving from the simple to the complex over an extended period of time. The billions of cells that work together to make the brain and body function harmoniously have numerous critical functions. The brain is after all a far more multi-functional organ by nature than other, less complex organs such as the heart or the liver. Yet akin to the rest of the human body, the brain has adhered to Charles Darwin’s “natural selection†methodology by ridding itself of less important functions while enhancing the more essential ones over time.

its just like.. a streaching shirt.. it will get strech to fit the body.. so same like.. Brain get bigger to perform big task.. as our ancestors were not making machines n Stuffs it was or present n scientists writters from our near past who came up wid bigger ideas.. so i guess this is how n why brin size get bigger !

Nadaan I agree wid u but what about the perception that we humans don't use our brain to it's full capacity or extent? I mean isn't it true that till now we have not been able to use our brain even a 50%??? Even a genious can't do that! We don't use our brain as much ..

P.S I blv in evolution. So let's say for example that our ancestors who used to live in jungles and eat meat before fire was invented, since they lived wid animals and hunted them, they were more conscious.. and if u didn't know, one of our vestigial features include ear muscles. At one point of time we were able to move our ears! How??? Let's look at dogs for example, they have the ability to smell and using their senses, they are able to sense the presence of their enemy! So back then when our ancestors weren't mod or industrialized, they still had enemies and predators, in actuality, way more than what we have now.. I mean they lived wid animals, poinsonous snakes and they were much smarter too (sense) .. so don't u think their brain size wud've been bigger than ours? I mean these days we rely totally on computers and our machinery! Like how many of us use our head to solve mathematical problems for instance.. other than 2+2 we have to have calculator for everything.. so tell me how much r we using our brain now????

Any response to that?

Waiting for more ideas,

Aimon.

lolz aimon i got it siza meant by biologiallcy but u said its 2 part then i got lil bit confuse :)

well i agree with nadan or mazzay ki bat agree with aimon too :D

our brain size evolved frum our ancestoral braiz size ang its changian going to smaller to bigger .? now questionz is how & y

or is size ka berhna is kay use per hota hay human body ka jo organ ya muscles jitnay zyada use hotay hain wahan new cells or tissues produce hotay rehtay hain ..

well aimon jahan tak mera khiyal hai hamaray ancestors ka life style bohat zyada simple tha ... or un ka jo per day workind period hota tha woh bhi ajj kal kay muqablay main kam hota tha .. jo sub ajj hay woh pehlay bhi tha lakin simplest form main ..ab unhee cheezon ki complecatd forms hain ..

for example app kg 1 main counting perhtay hain .. kg2 main addition subtraction kertay or yeh sub procedure app rough copy per kerna pehlay sekhtay hain lines draw ker kay addition ..then next step ..main app fingers per yehee process kerna seekhtay hain ..or at last phir yeh kam sirf oral kerna sekh jatay hain ..to ab app dekho yeh koi nayee chezz to nahi hay na ..lakin ab app ka brain zyada use hoga ..

so i think yehee ferq hamray or ancestors main hay ..

Emm yeah Rukh but I dun think it was simple...

U mean to tell me that we r complicated because we use machines??? But how many of us actually know each and every machine, what's it made up of and the tools involved??? I wud say not many!

whereas our ancestors, they were way smarter... because they had to use their brain due to predation, they had to had strong sense to survive aur waise bhi natural selection wud go for those who had this ability.

Acha aik maze ki baat bataon what u sed abt brain size, in actuality it is totally different than what many of us including u thought. I was looking through some books regarding this issue a couple of days back I blv. Our library has sum good stuff.. I was searching through this book that had pix of our and our ancestors brain size, when I compared our brain size to our ancestrol brain size, I cudn't blv the difference u know their brain size used to be way larger than ours...

Our brain size compared to them is very small... These days we have math, calculus, science and more info. jinki badolat aaj kal different machines or medicine banana/discover kerna koi mushkil kaam nahi! We have the ideas frum the genious before us and formulae etc.. I mean anyone can put formulas together and make up sumthing out of it..

But how many of us can sense what's going on around us... I mean for example right now I m downstairs and everyone else is upstairs. I have no clue what they r doing. I bet u anything if sumthing happens upstairs, or a burglar breaks in khuda na khuasta I wudn't know.. our old folks had this sense. What do u say abt that???

Is it not a part of our brain? or is it sumthing that they all were gifted wid naturally???

soory okky cant read al of them

about ur queston..its not just human brain size that has evolved... its the whole human size thats has changed.. now take example of a machine... just take computer , in early days there were so big computers with so less memory but according to the requirement their sizes were changed, small computers with lot of memory same is the case with humans.. now big size humans wont suit the world.. and of course when human size as a whole is reduced.. the brain size had to b reduced.... but its not because brain wasnt being used so it got smaller.. its not similar to the case of giraffes stretching their necks ultimately making them longer...

Well this is the second part of my previous topic about evolutionary changes..

My second question is plz comment on the following statement: (p.s I didn't take em out of my biology book lolz.. I wanna know abt these things.. personal interest combined wid ur ideas equals smartness  ;) n I m not taking Biology this semester anyways )

* Human brain size has evolved frum our ancestoral brain size. Elaborate on this statement in terms of evolution. *

Also if ur answer is yes plz state why u say so.. and how has it changed i-e bigger to smaller? or smaller to bigger? WHY???

I will post my comment on this after u guys post ur ideas.

~coOkiE~

yes very..good question.............ya is lye hota hai kun k hwa jaga gharti hai .......

thanx...

innocent.. ap kiya keh gaiy.. kuch samaj nahi aya :huh:

lolzzz inocent koi or hee logic bata gayee ..ya shaid in kay brain main hawa jatee hay :P

:) innocent plz bata do. kiya matlab hai is ka :huh:

:laugh: @ innocent...

fati: u know what abt ur reply, all I gotta say is BRILLIANT!!! That's a very sense-making answer... (sorry I cudn't think of any other similar word) lolz... ohh sensible is the word... yup.. but if we look at aliens, they have small bodies and big brains.. even tho they r imaginary :S ... emm so what I m trynna say is that do u think it's possible that there is another factor causing our brain size to get small for example as innocent mentioned hawa :laugh:

:laugh: .. imaginary.. aliens.. our imagination. sometimes is full of comedy :).. and dont forget they r aliens. anyother factor affecting brain.. i dont think so. although things r being explained wrt science. for everything a logical reason is being told. but somethings cudn b explained.. its just the effect of enviornment and the requirement. and God is up there to make adjustments according to the enviornment and requirement.

if v wud have make our brain size by ourselves then v cud have explained the reason behind it :)

and howcome hawa is affecting brain. kiya brain khopari mai nahi hai. :huh::lol:

emm ppl lost interest in this post.. it was kind of cornered out a long time ago...

yeah thanks for checkin it out tho.. we are waiting to hear ur opinion abt it ... (lolllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzz)

Aimon

Thanx charmer kafi purani ho gayi hai yeh ab to..

These were my writing days when I would write my ideas, questions out!!! :)